Mechanical Field Service Technician
Activity area : Professional Services
Salary : salary depending on experience
Job type : Permanent - Full time, Flexible hours
City : Plessisville or Saint-Nicolas
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Visit customers for a few hours to a few days to perform repairs on various mechanical equipment, make adjustments, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform small installations or replacements of equipment, according to assembly plans.
- The main tasks usually consist of mechanical assembly/disassembly, welding, driving lifting equipment, maintenance of equipment and tools, etc.
- Depending on experience and interest, possibility of inspecting different equipment, analysis visits for warranty items and start-up of certain standard and specialized equipment.
- Possibility of advancement to the position of site manager, which consists of preparing, organizing, directing and controlling interventions, or to certain other related specifications such as hydraulics
- Ongoing training on site.
- Training in mechanical engineering (DEP or DEC) or years of experience related to the mechanical or welding field.
- Have a mechanical sense.
- Ability to read plans.
- Valid driver's license.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to solve problems over the phone.
- Available for frequent travel to customers (Canada, United States and overseas)
- Good knowledge in french is an asset
- On the road.
- Permanent position
- Variable salary according to experience
- Group insurance plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with employer contribution
- Flexible schedule of 37.5 hours/week with the possibility of finishing at noon on Friday
- On the road position
This offer has already been filled.