Mechanical Field Service Technician
Activity area : Other
Salary : Based on experience
Job type : Permanent - Full time, Flexible hours
City : Plessisville or Saint-Nicolas
Tasks and Responsibilities
Visit customers for a few hours to a few days to perform repairs on various mechanical equipment, make adjustments, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure customer satisfaction.
Perform small installations or replacements of equipment, according to assembly plans.
The main tasks usually consist of mechanical assembly/disassembly, welding, driving lifting equipment, maintenance of equipment and tools, etc.
Depending on experience and interest, possibility of inspecting different equipment, analysis visits for warranty items and start-up of certain standard and specialized equipment.
Possibility of advancement to the position of site manager, which consists of preparing, organizing, directing and controlling interventions, or to certain other related specifications such as hydraulics
Ongoing training on site.
- Training in mechanical engineering (DEP or DEC) or years of experience related to the mechanical or welding field.
- Have a mechanical sense.
- Ability to read plans.
- Valid driver's license.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to solve problems over the phone.
- Available for frequent travel to customers (Canada, United States and overseas)
- On the road
- Permanent position
- Variable salary according to experience
- Group insurance plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with employer contribution
- Flexible schedule of 37.5 hours/week with the possibility of finishing at noon on Friday
- On the road position
This offer has already been filled.