Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of
the scope of work to ensure that all team members and sub-vendors adopt the
proper framework in conformance to requirements. The project manager would
serve as a guardian for the project team to clear roadblocks and allow for team
members to complete their tasks without distractions;
- Evaluate blueprint drawings as well as worksites in
order to plan for logistics requirements, resources, necessary equipment and method
- Manage timelines, arrange for permits, and coordinate
with client, subs and team members for timely exchange of documents and for
- Participate in the engineering and development process
by coordinating and providing input to architects, designers, engineers, and
the client. The PM will have to facilitate and move forward the discussion
between all parties to reach a practical goal;
- Analyze and capture all project quality needs and
collaborate with team members in the creation of quality control
documentation/metrics. This process is to be advanced by arranging for the
necessary inspections and completing the paperwork to satisfy closeout
- Participate in the selection and manage the day-to-day
operations of construction subcontractors including regular site visits.
- Develop & maintain a working knowledge of building
codes and safety requirements and ensure subcontractors conformance to these
- Track and control budgetary progress and advise
management of potential commercial opportunities on ongoing projects.
- Issue progress updates that can be catered to client
or management periodically or when needed.
- Participate in blueprint take-offs and provide input
to the estimation team for upcoming bids and RFQs.