Information Security Analyst
Offer category :
Salary : Salary depending on experience between: 65 000$ - 80 000$
Job type : Permanent - Full time
City : Blainville
The role of the information security analyst is to analyze alerts generated by intrusion detection systems, which are deployed on client networks worldwide. When necessary, the analyst will be required to counter attacks by intervening in a manner that is in accordance with the intervention process established with clients.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Using specialized tools, review alerts generated by intrusion detection systems as well as logs produced by multiple types of systems.
- Open and track incidents based on suspicious alerts and/or logs in accordance with the intervention protocol of each client.
- Track vulnerabilities found on the infrastructure of clients using our vulnerabilities detection systems, and assist with the identification and recommendation of solutions related to the scheduling of the scans.
- Monitor the networks of clients using our remote monitoring and intrusion detection infrastructure, ensure the availability of said infrastructure and recommend solutions that would improve the security posture of the clients.
- Produce the required monthly reports.
- Answer and respond to calls for support.
- Contribute to the evaluation of our intrusion detection systems in the pre-production environment in order to identify and report anomalies and/or to suggest improvements to the remote monitoring solution.
- Support Incident response and malware analysis occurring in client environment.
- Support fine tuning and correlation rule creation under instruction from ISS or Senior ISA
- University Degree in IT or College degree with IT experience
- Technical knowledge related to network security
- Proficiency in communication protocols found on modern networks (ICMP, IP, UDP, TCP, ARP, HTTP, HTTPS/SSL, SNMP, POP, etc.)
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows and Linux (RHEL, CentOS)
- Familiarity with tools and techniques related to intrusion detection and incident management
- Certifications in security are considered to be an asset.
- Client-focused approach with excellent communication skills, in both English and French, verbally and in writing (Spanish is an asset)
- Absolute integrity and focus on security at all times
- Strong analysis, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate business concepts in a multicultural context
- Capacity to provide solid recommendations for continuous improvements in the area of security processes
- Sense of urgency,
resourcefulness and initiative
depend on experience between: 65 000$ - 80 000$
- Group insurance plan
- Social benefits and pension fund
- A fast-growing international company
- A stimulating, fast and friendly work environment
- Availibility for working in a team-oriented environment during work shifts, 24/7/365
This offer has already been filled.