Activity area : Retail
Salary : Around 45 000$ to 55 000$ based on experience
Job type : Permanent - Full time
City : Ottawa
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Department Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the store. Working as part of a team, the Department Manager is responsible for performing all of the tasks necessary for the proper functioning of a store on a daily basis.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the efficient operation of back-of-store operations, off-store pickup, inventory, and policies and procedures.
- Support all customer relationship management functions in an efficient and timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction (e.g., off-store pickup, out-of-store delivery) and track productivity and the data / results available in the reports.
- Oversee the procedures involving the unloading of all trucks (including direct shipments), the handling of received goods and the flow of the goods to the sales area or storage using good procedures for handling manifests.
- Manage store resources to maximize results, store appearance while ensuring constant products on shelves;
- Ensure that company employees provide good customer service;
- Collaborate with the management team to achieve budgeted sales objectives;
- Clearly communicates expectations and performance directions through onboarding and continuous coaching
- Plans, prioritizes and manages own schedule and that of others effectively;
- Acts as a role model and encourages the team to provide a positive customer experience
- Ensure that internal company standards and procedures are explained, understood and followed by all team members;
- Manage and resolve customer complaints, questions and / or requests;
- Ensure that employees work safely and apply the required occupational health and safety standards;
- Undertakes all related tasks necessary for the store to operate smoothly, efficiently and in accordance with standards
- 1 to 3 years of experience in managing a team
- Good knowledge in the retail industry
- Show leadership and ability to handle pressure
- Have a good sense of organization
- Ability to solve problems
- Fluent in English
- Permanent position
- Variable schedule: daytime, evening and one day on the weekend;
- Salary around $ 45,000 to 55, 000$ depending on experience
- Bonus up to 10%
- Group Insurance
- 3 weeks vacation
This offer has already been filled.